May Day 2010 - National Mobilization for Immigrant Workers Rights!
May Day 2010:We Made Another History!
Hundreds of Thousands Marched Across The U.S.
Against Racist AZ SB 1070 and Demands for Immigrant Workers Rights!
Please Read: May Day 2010 Reports from Across the Country
May Day 2010 Reports Home Page
Immigrant rights is one of the most important struggles in the U.S. right now. With the recent passage of Arizona's anti-immigrant SB 1070 bill, many immigrants and activists are comparing this to the rebirth of Jim Crow and racial profiling. We have also seen an increase in the militarization of local police forces and of our borders in another racist effort to divide our country.
While U.S. corporate media downplaying the importance and the size of the May Day 2010 mobilizations (as usual, we're also getting many racist hate calls/e-mails threaten us), our movement cannot be silent and stop!
- Text report (less then 1000 words)
- Videos (please upload at our Activist Video http://www.ActivistVideo.org)
National Immigrant Solidarity Network
New York: (212)330-8172 Los Angeles: (213)403-0131 Washington D.C.: (202)595-8990 Chicago: (773)942-2268
May Day Lists of Local Actions
Please send your May Day 2010 action announcements to email@example.com
Downlaod your immigrant activism videos at Activist Video http://www.ActivistVideo.org
We are calling A national day of multi-ethnic unity with youth, labor, peace and justice communities in solidarity with immigrant workers and building new immigrant rights & civil rights movement!
Wear White T-Shirt, organize local actions to support immigrant worker rights!
1. No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.
2. No to militarization of the border.
3. No to the immigrant detention and deportation.
4. No to the guest worker program.
5. No to employer sanction and “no match” letters.
6. Yes to a path to legalization without condition for undocumented immigrants NOW.
7. Yes to speedy family reunification.
8. Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.
9. Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.
10. Yes to the education and LGBTQ immigrant legislation.
We encourages everyone to actively linking our issues with different struggles: wars in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine & Korea with sweatshops exploitation in Asia as well as in Los Angeles, New York; international arm sales and WTO, FTAA, NAFTA & CAFTA with AIDS, hunger, child labors and child solider; as well as multinational corporations and economic exploitation with racism and poverty at home—in order we can win the struggle together at this May Day 2010!
Please consider making a donation to the important work of National Immigrant Solidarity Network!
Past May Day Actions
May Day 2009
May Day 2008
May Day 2007
May Day 2006
March 25th 2006 Los Angeles Mobilization
Back to National Immigrant Solidarity Network Home Page