Campaign & Startegy
- 2008 Strategic Immigrant Campaign Proposal (Draft)
Submit Your Campaign
Deadline for submitting
proposals: July 15th
What you should focus on proposing a campaign
at the conference:
Our conference will be based
on our May Day 2007 call to action:
1) No to anti-immigrant legislation,
and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.
2) No to militarization of the border.
3) No to the immigrant detention and deportation.
4) No to the guest worker program.
5) No to employer sanction and "no match" letters.
6) Yes to a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
7) Yes to speedy family reunification.
8) Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.
9) Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.
10) Yes to the education and LGBT immigrant legislation.
We envision this as a grassroots activist conference of broad-based,
multiethnic organizers from African American, Native American,
African immigrant, Asian American, Latino/Latina, Arab-Muslim-North
African, progressive labor, interfaith, LGBT, student, anti-war/peace
and global justice groups from across the country. To meet
face-to-face and discuss how to build a new national, broad-based,
immigrant rights/civil rights movement, and to set a 6-9 month
national strategy for the 2007-2008. More information,
please read About the Conference
Proposal Submit Form